We will always be transparent with you about what we do with your personal data.
Address: COAX Connectors Ltd, 6-8 Colne Road, Twickenham, Middlesex, TW1 4JR.
Telephone: +44 (0)20 8538 9090
We are COAX Connectors Limited (company number:4336077) (“COAX”) and our registered address is 6-8 Colne Road, Twickenham, Middlesex, TW1 4JR. COAX is the “data controller” of any personal data it may collect, process and hold about you, unless we inform you otherwise.
1. What personal data do we collect?
The personal data we collect from you directly can include your name, email address, mobile/landline telephone number, address, your purchasing activity and information you give us when you contact our sales team.
If you are using a mobile device and shopping with us online or browsing our website, we may collect your IP address or other device identifier, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other portable device information.
2. When do we collect your personal data?
- When you contact our sales team online, via email or over the phone, or face to face.
- When you purchase products and services from us online, via email, or over the phone.
- When you engage with us on social media (by mentioning/tagging us or by contacting us directly).
- When you access our website. Coax Connectors Ltd collects information from users of its website, including that information which users of the website (e.g. potential clients) submit to us through use of the site. We may use this information for our own business development, research and marketing purposes.
Cookies are small data files that your browser places on your computer or device. A cookie itself does not contain or collect information.
We use IP addresses and 'Cookies' anonymously (i.e. in a way that does not personally identify users of the website) in order to analyze site traffic and trends, and to gather broad technical and geographical information that may help us improve the structure and quality of content on our site, and to help us better serve our clients.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can prevent cookies from being stored on your computer or device by setting your browser to not accept cookies. Some browsers provide a mode where cookies are always deleted after a visit.
The exact instructions for this can be found in the manual for your browser. You can delete cookies already on your computer or device at any time. If you choose not to accept cookies at all, you can still visit our website, however we cannot guarantee an optimum experience without cookies.
For an explanation of cookies see: http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/c/cookie.html
Below is a table of all cookies on this website – their name, type and purpose:
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site for you. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
This cookie is used to store data related to customers who have registered to view our Datasheets.
3. How do we use your personal data and what are our legal justifications for doing so?
To make our products and services available to you
We use your personal data to provide you with the information, products and services that you request or purchase from us (i.e. to complete certain tasks, processes or orders on our website, take payment over the phone (where applicable) and deliver your products or services), and to communicate with you regarding those products and services that you purchase from us and respond to your questions and comments;
We may also use your personal data to measure how satisfied our customers are and provide customer service (including troubleshooting in connection with purchases or your requests for services or when you ask us questions on social media);
We rely on our contractual arrangements with you as the lawful basis on which we collect and process your personal data when you make an order for products and services. Alternatively, in some cases, we rely on our legitimate interests as a business (for example, to measure customer satisfaction and troubleshoot customer issues). Where we rely on our legitimate interests, we will always make sure that we balance these interests against your rights.
When we send you marketing material via direct mail and email, we will rely on our legitimate interests as a business, always ensuring that your rights are protected.
For administrative and internal business purposes
We may use your personal data for our internal business purposes, such as enhancing our site, improving our services and products and identifying usage trends. We may also use your data to monitor the use of our website and ensure that our website is presented in the most effective and relevant manner for you and your device and setting default options for you such as language.
It is in our legitimate interests as a business to use your personal data in this way. For example, we want to ensure our website is customer friendly and works properly and that our products and services are efficient and of high quality. We also want to make it easy for you to interact with us. Where we rely on our legitimate interests, we will always make sure that we balance these interests against your rights.
For security and legal reasons
We use your personal data to:
- ensure the personal and financial information you provide us is accurate;
- conduct fraud checks or prevent other illegal activity;
- protect our rights or property (or those of others); and
- fulfil our legal and compliance-related obligations.
In some cases we will use your personal data because it's necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation (such as if we receive a legitimate request from a law enforcement agency). In other cases (such as the detection of fraud) we will rely on our legitimate interests as a business to use your personal data in this way. Where we rely on our legitimate interests, we will always make sure that we balance these interests against your rights.
4. Who do we share your personal data with?
We will never sell any of your personal data to a third party.
Third party service providers
To fulfil orders for products and services
We work with a number of trusted service providers who carry out services on our behalf. When you purchase products and services from us, the services provided by these organisations includes delivery, product assembly and installation, waste removal and processing payments. It is in our legitimate interests as a business to work with these service providers since we may not have the capabilities to provide these services ourselves. In each case, we will ensure that the service provider is only allowed to use your personal data in order to provide the services to us and for no other purpose.
To prevent crime and comply with laws
There may be other scenarios where we are subject to a legal obligation to share or disclose your personal data, such as with law enforcement agencies or public authorities in order to prevent or detect crime or fulfil a legal requirement.
Transfer of your personal data outside the EEA
We may need to transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) for example the USA, in the following circumstances:
- Where you have requested a service which is fulfilled by one of our associate companies which sit outside of the EEA; or
- Where we work with a supplier which processes some of its personal data outside of the EEA.
If you would like further information please contact us.
5. Your rights
You have a number of rights relating to your personal information and what happens to it. You are entitled to:
- have your data processed in a fair, lawful and transparent way;
- access personal data we hold about you;
- require us to correct any mistakes in your personal data;
- require us to delete personal data concerning you in certain situations where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it;
- request that we transfer your personal data to you or another service provider in a simple, structured format;
- object at any time to processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- object to automated decision making which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you;
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data; and
- otherwise restrict or temporarily stop our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
You can read more about your rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, in the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public. You also have the right to complain about our use of personal data to the ICO. You can do these by contacting the ICO via their website https://ico.org.uk/concerns or by calling 0303 123 1113.
If you would like to speak to us in relation to any of your rights, please contact us on +44 (0)20 8538 9090.
6. Changing your preferences
If you no longer wish to be contacted by us about our products or services, or for other marketing purposes, you can amend your preferences or unsubscribe by contacting us on +44 (0)20 8538 9090 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want to ensure that all the information we have about our customers is factually correct and up to date. If you find that the personal data we have about you is inaccurate or needs updating (for instance, you may have changed your name or address) then please contact us so that we can correct it.
7. Security and retention of your personal data
Security of your personal data
We take the security of your personal data very seriously. We have implemented various strategies, controls, policies and measures to keep your data secure and keep these measures under close review. We protect your data by using encryption techniques and we use other safeguards such as firewalls and password protection. This means that your data is protected and only accessible by co-workers who need it to carry out their job responsibilities. We also ensure that there are strict physical controls in our buildings which restricts access to your personal data to keep it safe.
Retention of your personal data
We have procedures in place regarding our retention periods which we keep under review taking into account our reasons for processing your personal data and the legal basis for doing so.